You want to give your truck a new paint job, why not go all the way and touch up the truck bed as well? Truck bed liners come in drop-in, spray in and roll on options. Roll-on bedliners are known for easy application. Not only do you want the job to be easy, you also want it to be affordable. DIY roll-on bedliners are the best for this and also have a very nice finish. Let’s take a look at a few options we have come across and deemed good enough for you!
Top 7 Roll On Bedliners: Comparison & Review
1 – Herculiner HCL1B7 Brush-on Bed Liner
You can’t make a list about the best roll on bedliner and not mention the Herculiner name in your reviews. It’s a trusted name that produces great bedliners. This best DIY truck bed liner kit is easy to apply and much better to control than a bed liner spray gun. This roll on bedliner covers your truck bed with a textured polyurethane coating that’s tough enough to protect it from heavy loads.
One of the best things about the Herculiner name is the thickness. In many reviews, they’re known to be thicker than Line X and perhaps even thicker than some Rhino Liner options. Your black Herculiner truck bed lining won’t chip, flake, peel or crack over time due to being 5 times as thick as the regular market brands.
It’s a skid-resistant formula that protects your truck bed from rust and corrosion and offers a perfect seal to prevent moisture damage. Not only that, but you are also protected against chemicals, solvents and even gas.
Using a roller, you can apply this quality roll-on bed liner to your truck bed and many surfaces such as metal, wood and even concrete.
Because it’s much thicker than the average product, you can expect a long drying time, but it’s worth it!
If you purchase the entire roll-on truck bed liner kit from the store, you’ll have every tool you need (like a roller) to get the job done included in the package. The roller will allow you to apply to a larger surface area while the brush is for smaller details and crevices to make sure you cover everything with black truck bed coating.
- Creates a strong adhesive bond to many surfaces so you can get the most use out of it.
- The roll-on bed liner kit includes new rollers and everything you need for easy application.
- Durable rollers
- Known to be one of the thickest liners on the market, up to 5 times as thick as regular options.
- Skid-resistant and gives long lasting protection against corrosion, rust, and other substances.
- The polyurethane roll on bed liner doesn’t crack, peel, chip or flake over time.
- You’ll find it provides a perfect and tight seal.
- The thicker material may provide more sound dampening and vibration absorbing effects.
- The roll-on liner gives your truck a good black finish.
- Drying may take a long time
- It isn’t UV resistant.
2 – Dupli-Color BAK2010 Bed Armor DIY Truck Bed Liner with Kevlar Bed Armor Kit
Next in our review is the Bed Armor. We’re going to bed money on the fact that you know what Kevlar is. It’s a tough material used in bulletproof vests. It has to be extremely tough to stop a bullet, so you can imagine the Dupont Kevlar fibers that are incorporated into the mixture of this truck bed coating and the effect it will have when you apply it.
You can choose from a small 0.18 ounce can to a 1 gallon pack. If you see yourself reusing the Bed Armor DIY bedliner in the future, purchase a larger amount since there’s no working pot-life. There also isn’t a recoat window and can be done at your leisure using rollers.
Pick between a solvent-based or the water-based product. The former is an all purpose protector and the latter is easier to clean up and without a strong odor.
After the Bed Armor DIY truck bed liner is cured, it provides a rubberized finish that is durable gives your truck bed long lasting protection against damage, rust and corrosion.
This liner is so tough in fact that no impact will chip, flake or peel the bedliner once the thing is dry. You also got great paint options like black, dark olive, and clear.
Similar to the Herculiner roll-on bedliners we did a review of, the Dupli-color Bed Armor DIY liner can also be used on other surfaces as you please. As an extra tip in this review, keep a brush handy aside from rollers in case you need to do any touch-ups.
- The water-based formula is easy to apply, easy to clean up and doesn’t have a strong odor.
- The tough and durable roll-on truck bed liner protects your truck bed from impact.
- We like that this rubber bed liner contains Kevlar for extra strength.
- There isn’t a working pot life, so feel free to recoat and apply as needed.
- The truck bed liner adheres to more than just your truck bed.
- Choose from black, dark olive or clear as color options.
- Not as tough as its made out to be.
- The brush may be easier for application purposes.
3 – U-POL Raptor Black 2 L Coating Roll On
Although this U-POL Raptor bedliner is black, they have other tintable DIY truck bed liners for coating your truck with a white bed liner finish. For these reviews, we’ll check out the black.
It will please you that this truck bed liner is scratch-resistant, protects against corrosion, and other chemicals. You can’t guarantee you will only drive your truck on cloudy days, so it’s important to find a UV protective bedliner to prevent it from fading and scratching in the future.
The U-POL Raptor bed liner kit comes with two rollers, two hardeners, two paint trays, two abrasive pads, and more in the box for use. DIY the black truck bed coating and check back in a bit to see a nice black finish.
The black product also adheres good to fiberglass, wood, metal and concrete if you’d like to coat anything else around your home.
The urethane makes this black roll on truck bed coating near indestructible and protects against different weather conditions. With UP4800, it also has a slip resistant quality that keeps you safe when you load and unload stuff. You can administer one gallon of this roll-on kit wherever you need, this includes your boat, trailer, ATV and more.
- Kit includes two rollers in the box. U-POL Raptor creates a nice black finish.
- Durable rollers
- Coat not only your truck with this best DIY truck bed liner, but also your other vehicles as well.
- The durable roll on truck bed coating protects your truck bed against corrosion, UV rays and chemicals. This will prolong the life of the bed liner.
- Protects against harsh weather conditions.
- The anti-slip properties will keep you and your cargo safe and steady
- The roll on brush can be difficult to use
- The amount wasn’t enough to cover certain truck beds.
- Read the label as the seller may accidentally send an expired product.
4 – Rust-Oleum Automotive
Next in our review is another popular name, the Rust-Oleum Automotive roll-on liner.
A lot of people might not see an advantage to the textured coating many of these truck bed liners provide. The finish is actually the best option for skid-resistance. And to be honest, it also gives your truck bed liner a little something extra.
The Rust-Oleum Automotive truck bed liner is also abrasion resistant, which means you can freely load and unload stuff without having to be on edge and worried you’ll scuff up the finish.
If you don’t have a tonneau cover, chances are your truck bed is still exposed to the elements all year round. This is tough on your truck and it’s also where a truck bed liner comes in. The formula for this Rust-Oleum Automotive truck bed paint is resistant to rust and corrosion, which most truck beds are susceptible to.
Apply the product right using the brush and roller for an even coat. It is a little thinner than other roll on truck bed liners and might require several attempts. It also allows you to right your mistakes with the next coat of paint.
- The nice finish has skid-resistant properties.
- Formulated to be abrasion and corrosion resistant, it’s a durable option that looks good.
- It’s a fast drying formula due to the thinness of the roll on bedliner.
- It’s easy to apply with the included brushes.
- It covers your entire truck bed evenly.
- You might not even need to prime your truck bed before using this DIY liner.
- You can not only roll on this product, but it can be brushed on or you can use a spray gun
- Thinner than other options and may need more than one coat.
5 – Plastikote 265GK Truck Bed Liner Kit
Water-based formulas are easier to apply and clean up than other product options. The Plastikote DIY bedliner kit dries quickly to reveal a chemical-resistant, durable, tough and non-skid surface for your truck bed.
Since it gives your truck bed protection from damage as well as rust and corrosion, it extends your truck bed life beyond just a few years.
One of the best things about this roll on liner kit is the material. Plastikote still puts focus to save the environment and produces their truck bedliners from recycled rubber granules.
The surface helps with skid-resistance and doesn’t fade over time. When applied, it’s tough enough to use in places of extreme heat or cold as the temperature resistance of this product is commendable.
You have a choice on how to administer the product. You can brush it on, spray it in or roll it on. The amount of paint in the kit is enough for coating two or three layers and maybe be left with some afterward.
- The water-based truck bed liner is easy to apply, clean, and remove if you do make a mess.
- It also dries fairly quickly compared to the average product.
- It’s durable and tough, designed to be weather-resistant and non-skid.
- Give your truck full protection with this chemical-resistant bedliner.
- They care about the environment and make their bedliners with recycled plastic granules.
- The high temperature resistance makes this bedliner a top contender in different parts of the world.
- Spray it on, brush it on, or roll it on – it’s your choice!
- It might not be as tough and durable as advertised.
6 – RTG Truck Bed Liner Paint
Get all the protection you need with this one bedliner. The black DIY bedliner paint is enough to extend your truck bed life and protect it and you against a plethora of safety issues. Stay protected from rust, corrosion, UV rays and others. It works great on coating cargo van floors, tailgates, truck beds and more.
Another anti-slip liner product in this review, the paint prevents your cargo from slipping on the surface and potentially falling.
Paint can smell bad, and so can truck bed liners. You don’t want to cause yourself any physical discomfort while trying to protect your truck. You’re in luck with the RTG truck bed liner since the product odor isn’t overwhelming, it’s fast drying and is a water-based polyurethane formula!
Water-based bedliners are way easier to brush and roll on and sometimes won’t even need a primer. They are also the easiest to clean up with just soap and water.
Just brush on one coat of this magic formula watch it cling to the surface of your truck bed for a firm seal and never chip, flake, peel or crack.
- One all-encompassing bedliner that extends your truck bed life.
- The DIY bedliner has a finish that provides anti-slip qualities to keep you and your cargo safe.
- Great for your truck bed, tailgate, bed rails, and more surface options
- After the application your truck bed will be protected against UV rays, rust, corrosion and more.
- It’s low odor won’t cause you any discomfort.
- The quality water-based polyurethane formula is fast-drying without a strong odor.
- The black paint will adhere tightly to your truck bed to create a tough protective coating.
- It’s not a very thick paint.
- Not as durable as advertised.
7 – Durabak White Textured, Outdoor, UV Resistant, Truck Bed Liner
The first white textured bedliner we have introduced in this review, we thought we’d give you guys more paint options aside from black. It still works just as well as the black bedliners in terms of protective coating. It still protects your truck bed against the run of the mill risks like scratching, rusting, corrosion, and is also weatherproof.
When applied, it seals seamlessly and adheres to your truck bed. It’s an all-in-one heavy duty DIY bedliner that is easy to apply. It even works well with boats and water vessels! The anti-slip design will keep your boat from rust (which is like boat cancer) and secures all the surfaces you roll it on.
This quality roll-on bed liner tightly bonds to a variety of surfaces including, metal, wood and concrete all in one easy DIY package. There are even more color choices for you to choose from if you like customization.
- The first white liner we introduced to give you a bit of variety.
- It works just as well as the black bedliners, offering the same protective qualities.
- It adheres seamlessly to your truck and other surfaces, giving you the option to use this roll on bedliner on a bunch of other vehicles including boats.
- Everything is ready to go in one easy DIY package, and there are even more colors for you to choose from!
- Could be susceptible to scratching.
Our Top Pick: Herculiner HCL1B7 Brush-on Bed Liner
Of course the trusty Herculiner brand makes our top spot in this review of the best DIY roll on bedliner. They are known to be super tough and the thickness is what accounts for that. It rolls on smoothly and creates a textured polyurethane coating that is strong enough to withstand heavy abrasion.
Since it’s thicker, it’s not only skid-resistant but also dampens sound and vibrations. This black paint won’t flake, chip, crack or peel over time either.
What more could you ask for?
What to Look for When Buying the Best Roll On Bedliner
You are bombarded with a lot of questions and decisions when it comes time to buy the best DIY roll on bed liner. That’s why you search for reviews like this. So what should you consider and review to guarantee you will make the best choice? Let’s figure that out together. Alternatively, if you’re considering a spray in bedliner, you can read our review comparing Rhino Liner and Line X.
The surface texture actually plays a very important role. You can get different coating textures as there are a lot available on the market.
- Smooth – A smooth surface is easier on your hands and knees if you need to get down on all fours. You can also slide heavy loads across the length of your truck bed with minimal resistance
- Rough – A rough surface will provide the best non-skid surface you can get. It also helps to keep stuff in place if you are transporting lighter loads. Keep in might that it will be a bit tougher on your joints though.
Next up is review what you are aiming to coat. Does the bedliner adhere to different types of surfaces? Is that what you need?
This is one of the top considerations every truck driver should review when choosing the best DIY truck bed liner kit. How durable is your purchase? These products are meant to last and protect your truck bed. You certainly don’t want to damage it even before you’ve made a few delivery runs. Some quality roll-on bedliners like the Herculiner are made thicker and tougher than others. Check the materials used, if it contains Dupont Kevlar, it also adds a layer of durability to it.
When you read reviews, make sure the products can withstand different weather conditions, be waterproof and other substance-proof in case you spill some sort of chemical on your truck bed. Know that your truck is often exposed to elements so make sure the liner is also UV resistant so it will last.
The best roll on liners will work to protect your truck without causing you more headache and hassle. Hopefully the product kit you buy will be enough to cover your truck in one go. For the thinner liners, you might need to apply the product a few times on the surface and still have a lot left from a gallon for further coats.
Make sure the kit is easy to use! Who wants a roll on bedliner that’s tough to work on the truck and clean up? Know that it’ll take you at least an hour longer afterwards and maybe even before to prepare and clean up once it’s applied. It should roll on easily, hopefully come with everything you need like a roller, and dry quickly. Water-based coating formulas are easier to clean up and apparently a roll on bedliner kit is easier as well. So, be sure to review this aspect when you search for products.
The best option would be if the bed liner kit possesses all of the above plus come at an affordable price. Read reviews and compare the price to find one within your budget. Many of the options we presented above are affordable in price and will let you save money. But since you’re looking for a roll on bedliner kit, chances are you’ll work on it as a weekend DIY project (more options here). This way you’ll save a lot of money by redoing your vehicle bed yourself, especially if you have 2 or 3 trucks.
This last thing is for your preference. There are bedliners with smooth and glossy finishes and other ones with a matte finish. Which do you prefer? Also, do you want tintable bedliners, a white one in color or a customized color to match your truck? It might cost a bit extra but think about the end goal you are looking for. Do you want products with a streamlined look or a color-blocking effect?
Most of the great products we presented in the review will provide your truck with adequate protection while adding to the overall appearance. We didn’t pick random brands for our reviews either, you only get the top choices based on many reviews and ratings and trial and error.
Whether you are choosing your bedliner online or in a store, read our reviews and follow our carefully curated list of factors to consider to help you make your decision. Go easy on yourself and make sure to buy one that comes with an application kit with not only a roller but a brush as well to get your coats into those hard to reach places.
Annoyed with expensive speeding tickets? Learn how to fight a speeding ticket and save yourself some money!