Based on our research and reviews, here are the 4 best laser jammers for 2019:
- Escort ZR5 Laser Shifter – Runner up, Best Overall
- Escort ZW5 Laser Jammer – Best Wireless
- Stinger VIP Laser Interceptor – Best Overall
- Antilaser Priority Laser Jammer – Best for the Money
What About Tickets?
Ever got a speeding ticket and paid the fine without contesting it? Well, that makes you 95% of the population all drivers issued with speeding tickets. You see the amount—$200, $600, $800, $1,500 or even $2,000—you pay for it. And the remaining 5% of that population? They may have reduced charges or a dismissed case, but that would have entailed too much hassle.
I’ve been like you before, I pay my fine whenever I get speed tickets. But that was only before. Now, I RARELY (a.k.a. seldom) get fined for speeding. It’s because I know the best devices to use to avoid all the hassles of settling an expensive fine (e.g. my top radar detector and laser jammer).
So, the question is… While I enjoy my drives peacefully, do you still just want to continue paying for your speeding fines until your savings suffer? That’s a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean.
So I’ll save you from all the costs and hassle of all those fines with my list of the best jammers. You’ll find your most reliable driving companion in this list, and you can say goodbye to your huge speeding fines. (Note: Remember to research your state’s rules on these devices before you use them.) You can also use other helpful devices and accessories for your license plate, for instance, like this Photoblocker spray license plate blocker, but we’ll focus on jammers on this article.
Finding the right jammer is usually a challenge since you can’t exactly test out the different products available. To save you time and money, we’ve decided to cover 4 models of the year.
We’re going to thoroughly review these products, and we’ll also compare them to each other. By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to find a reliable laser jammer that’s in your price range.
Click For Best Price
Click For Best Price
Click For Best Price
Click For Best Price
Top Laser Jammers Reviews
1. Escort ZR5 Laser Shifter – Runner up, Best Overall
- Works against some modern laser gun and radar guns, but not all of them
- Maximum of four heads at once
- Relatively compact heads
- Compatible with a variety of supreme radar detectors
- Can determine the direction from which the laser or radar is coming
- Detection-only mode
The ZR5 from Escort is a mid-range best laser jammer model that combines a few helpful features with a more reasonable price point than some of the high-end choices out there. This model is the wired version of the ZW5, and it features a more complicated installation process in exchange for greater reliability.
Since everything is wired, the ZR5 usually has fewer bugs and malfunctions than the ZW5, but it’s still prone to many of the same issues thanks to their identical circuitry. For example, there are times when the ZR5 cuts out its’ jamming for no apparent reason, even when being lased by obsolete guns.
- Capable of radar laser jamming many of the latest LIDAR guns in use today
- Could be integrated with some of Escort’s radar detectors, including the Max 360c radar detector, Max Ci radar detector and Redline Ex radar detector
- Has smaller heads than most
- Could distinguish laser gun shots on the front and the rear heads
- Complete termination of functions is available, convenient in areas where it is illegal
- There are inconsistencies in its performance, occasionally a hit-and-miss even with older models
- User is limited to 4 heads per CPU
- Lacks option to automatically terminate jamming
- No capability to show what type of gun is shooting laser
Beyond the reliability issues, the ZR5 doesn’t have too many troubles, and it’s even resistant to some DragonEye guns, though not all of them. The additional features help make this product worth the extra money, as they help make this good laser jammer more convenient for the user.
As with comparable models, you can also directly update the firmware of the ZR5 to keep it up-to-date, but you’ll only be able to update it through a laptop.
Unfortunately, the Escort ZR5 has a few issues that prevent it from claiming the title of the best among all jammers. One of the main problems with this system is that it only supports four heads, which will make it challenging to use on larger vehicles. In this case, you’ll have to decide between full frontal coverage or partial front-and-rear coverage.
The ZR5 also can’t identify what kind of gun is lasing you, though this isn’t as much of a problem. In the end, the ZR5 is reliable and capable, but it has a few unfortunate aspects that hold it back from greatness.
2. Escort ZW5 Laser Jammer – Best Wireless
- Wireless design improves ease of installation
- Compatible with and controlled by the Escort Radar Detector
- Only works with two heads
- Frontal coverage only
- Updates through the computer
- Choice of DirectWire or cigarette lighter power source
The Escort ZW5 is essentially an Escort ZR5 that has had all of its wiring replaced with wireless systems. While this makes the ZW5 a little less reliable than the ZR5, issues with it are still rare, and you get to benefit from the immensely simplified installation process that comes with a wireless model.
Unlike with wired designs, the ZW5 won’t require a hole in the firewall so that it can be connected to the passenger cabin, and it will instead link to the controller wirelessly. This product also doesn’t require a dedicated control panel, as it uses the Escort Radar Detector.
- The vehicle is protected against the latest laser (and radar) technology Can be integrated with some of Escort’s mounted radar detectors
- Easier to install than others on this best laser jammer list
- Available in direct wire and SmartCord
- Priced competitively
- The rear of the car is unprotected because it could only be drilled in front
- Can only handle 2 heads, which makes it not ideal for larger vehicles
- Unable to tell the user which laser gun is being shot
- Jammer must be disarmed manually
- Must be updated through a computer
- Will not operate on its own, must be connected to a radar detector
Since this product is easier to install, you may end up saving some money if you choose to fit it yourself, but keep in mind that it still takes a certain degree of technical expertise. If you’re buying this awesome product to save money on installation, make sure that you’re qualified enough to do it in the first place.
There are a few lidar guns that can get past this jammer, but they’re relatively uncommon, and Escort is constantly working on new patches to counter many of these designs.
Speaking of updates, you can get the latest firmware for this great laser jammer by connecting it to your computer through a USB, so you’ll need a laptop or something portable enough to do so. Being able to update this superb item with your smartphone would have made it far more convenient.
Another issue with this setup is that it only lets you use two radar jammer heads, so you’ll just have frontal coverage, and they may not be ideal for larger vehicles. You’ll also have to press the “mute” button yourself so that you can disarm these jammers, as they won’t turn off automatically.
3. Stinger VIP Laser Interceptor – Best Overall
- Tiny heads are easy to conceal
- Choose between fiber head and standard head
- Can jam nearly all laser from laser guns
- Capable of automatically disarming
- Identifies lidar gun model and direction of laser (plus radar)
The Stinger VIP is one of the more expensive laser jammers on the market, but it comes with a range of features that you won’t find in other models. The most notable aspect of this jammer is that it comes with a fiber head which is the smallest in the industry, keeping them as stealthy as possible.
If you don’t like how loosely the fiber head fits, you can also use the Stinger VIP standard head, which is still far smaller than competing heads. Unlike the competition, the components are packed in lengthwise, so this great device will go deeper into the grille, but it will be less visible from the exterior.
- Capable of jamming the latest police laser guns
- The square-shaped heads to be installed are tinier than its competitors
- Offers the option of even tinier fiber heads (with added cost) that minimize the visibility of equipment
- Could be updated through flash drive instead of a computer and Internet connection
- Only a single wire for running the heads is needed
- The system allows for four heads on each side, which is more than what’s allowable for other jammers
- Very expensive when compared to other options
- Its software is still not fully developed
- Integrating with the Stinger VIP radar detector is a requirement
Whether you don’t want to disrupt the clean lines of your car or a regular jammer won’t fit in your grille, the Stinger VIP is the most compact choice on the market. Of course, the form factor isn’t the only reason to pick this jammer up, as it also includes a variety of helpful features.
For example, you have the choice of either manual or automatic disarming, and the jammer can even tell you the direction that you’re being lased from. If you’re driving through an area where jammers are banned, you can also completely disable them, giving you the peace of mind you need.
To stay on top of the game, this jammer needs to be updated relatively frequently, just like other models, but that’s where it stumbles a little bit.
Stinger has developed something of a reputation for poor bug-testing in their firmware updates, so you may often run into glitches or trouble when you first switch to a new build. Over time, these issues get ironed out, but you’ll find that this system can be unreliable shortly after being updated.
4. AntiLaser Priority Laser Jammer – Best for the Money
- Advanced design jams even recent lidar guns
- High-sensitivity jamming heads
- 4-head compatibility for more substantial coverage
- Can be controlled with a smartphone for added convenience
- Auto deactivation when slowed or stopped
- Directional identification
The AntiLaser Priority is one of the most advanced laser jammers on the market, and it combines a range of excellent features with a surprisingly low price point. If you’re looking to save some money on your new leading laser jammer, but you don’t want to compromise when it comes to performance, this model is an excellent choice. The models of this company are always great. Simply, they are the best laser jammers on the market.
When it comes to the jammer’s effectiveness, you’ll be hard-pressed to find competitors that can cover you from such a wide range of lidar guns. AntiLaser constantly tests their equipment against newer lidar guns to ensure that they remain effective, and continuous updates make sure that you’re always covered.
- Currently the standard for laser gun jamming equipment
- Can jam all identified LIDAR guns (laser gun or police radar)
- Has increased sensitivity to laser than previous models
- Its technology allows it to identify and jam police laser guns with pulse rate matching, as opposed to locating it on database tables
- Lesser heads are needed because of its superior capabilities in laser jamming and police radar detection
- No need for connecting the jammer to a computer, updating through flash drive will suffice
- Voice alerts are optional and come with added expense instead of being part of the system
- No wireless controller
- Alert display can be confusing to identify
- Pricier than many other good models
Unlike other laser jammers, this model is far easier to update, as you can do it wirelessly with your phone by using the Bluetooth module. If you don’t have that module equipped, then you can also update the firmware of this gadget directly through your computer, giving you plenty of options.
The jammer heads are also designed to be highly sensitive, which means that you can place them deeper in your grille to keep them concealed. One of the only downsides to this jamming setup is that the heads are rather large, so they can be easy to detect, and this feature helps rectify that issue.
This jammer can also provide you with more info than comparable models when you’re being painted by a laser.
If you’re worried about these laser and radar jammers getting you in trouble, they can either disable themselves automatically when you slow down, or you can control them directly using your smartphone. Keep in mind that some of the additional features are hit-or-miss; namely the parking sensor, which can be unreliable.
The Good Laser Jammer Comparison Guide
Best High-Priced Laser Jammer – Stinger VIP vs. K40 Defuser Optix
First off, you may be wondering which of the two priciest options is the topmost high-end laser jammer, and we’re going to have to side with the Stinger VIP. While the K40 Defuser Optix comes with a premium price point, it is, unfortunately, not a premium one (it’s closer to a mid-range model).
As we explained before, the K40 Defuser Optix’s high price is mainly due to it not being sold individually, so installers have the freedom to mark it up. On the other hand, the Stinger VIP is equipped with high-quality components, and it is built to the standards you would expect from one of the most raved optical laser jammers.
Of course, there is also the fact that the K40 Defuser Optix uses outdated circuitry that doesn’t give you complete coverage. While Stinger may have a poor reputation for reliability when they update their firmware, the issues eventually get sorted out, but with the K40 model, these issues are inherent to the design.
The Stinger VIP also gives you the option of installing it yourself, though you’ll need some automotive knowledge to do so. In the case of the K40 Defuser Optix, it’s nearly impossible to get your hands on one as a consumer.
Overall, the Stinger VIP comes equipped with all of the additional features that you would expect to find in a high-end laser jammer. On the other hand, the K40 Defuser Optix feels like it’s a trap for people who don’t know much about these devices.
Best Affordable Laser Jammer – Blinder HP-905 Compact vs. Escort ZR5
If you want to save a bit of money on your ideal jamming device, then you may be interested in either of these choices. While the ZR5 is admittedly more expensive than the HP-905, we’d still prefer the ZR5. The Escort ZR5 is the best laser jammer for 2019. because it’s far more likely to work than that obsolete alternative.
While the HP-905 is an admirable model that has paved the way for the current generation of jammer technology, it is simply too old to be effective anymore. On the other hand, the ZR5 has some issues with reliability, but it can at least stand a chance against some of the more advanced DragonEye guns.
Both of these great models will require some effort to install, and most buyers will have to get them installed by a professional, so there is no difference in that regard. Surprisingly, the HP-905 and the ZR5 come equipped with many of the same features, which shows just how far ahead of its time the HP-905 was.
Another similarity is in the laser jammers’ shape and size, as they both share a similar form factor. Since both jammers come with relatively small heads, you shouldn’t have any trouble fitting either of them into the slots on your car’s grille.
We’ll admit that the ZR5 has its flaws, but it is a current-generation model, and the HP-905 can’t hope to compete with a jammer that’s in a different league. As a final nail in the coffin, the HP-905 is also challenging to uninstall when the time comes to upgrade your radar jammer.
Best Overall Laser Jammer – AntiLaser Priority vs. Escort ZW5
Finally, we get down to what everyone’s been waiting for: the best overall laser/radar jammer. In the majority of cases, we’ll argue that the AntiLaser Priority is the top option around, but there are a few exceptional cases in which the Escort ZW5 may be the ideal choice for you.
For customers who are looking to do all of the work alone without the help of a mechanic to perform the installation, the Escort ZW5 is an ideal choice due to its wireless nature. If you don’t mind having someone else install your laser jammer, then the AntiLaser Priority wins in every other case.
The AntiLaser Priority wins due to its simple effectiveness when compared to the other top models. The company invests a lot of money into ensuring that their products are on the cutting edge, and they have the most frequent and reliable software updates.
Beyond the performance of the jammer itself, the unit comes with all of the extra features you can hope for, like an auto-disarm function, smartphone compatibility, and more. The build quality of the AntiLaser Priority is also impressive, as it’s rugged and built to last.
If you need one that provides excellent all-around performance but is still user-friendly, the AntiLaser Priority will probably be the greatest pick. Unfortunately, the ZW5 still shares too many problems with the ZR5, such as unreliable jamming, no lidar gun identification, and a few other issues.
Conclusion – What a good laser jammer can do for you?
A prime laser jammer can save you plenty of money on speeding tickets, but make sure that they’re legal in your jurisdiction before having one installed. Whether you’re looking for the best laser jammers on the market or if you want the best model at a low price point, we hope that RatedRadarDetector.org’s guide has provided you with all of the info you were looking for.