If you’re a fan of compact designs, then you’ll more than likely love the Beltronics Pro 100. This is a relatively new radar detector and it’s got quite a bit of extensive positive reviews already. The overall feel and look of the unit are a bit different than other products and it has a great looking display.
All of the information on it is easy to read and tell apart, so how does this product hold up in comparison to other Beltronic radar detectors? Should you fork over your money for it or should you look for another detector? That’s what we wanted to find out.
This wasn’t designed to look visually impressive but it was designed to be more practical and Beltronics took a more practical approach rather than a visual one. One thing you first notice is that the buttons are adequately spaced out, which is great for when you’re driving and need to press something, so you don’t fat finger any other unnecessary buttons.
Also, the display is great and everything is easy to read. The display looks professional and it’s very high-quality. The text is easy to read on both the screen and the interface, which makes handling this unit easy.
One of the best and most important things about the Pro 100 is that it provides a huge sensitivity boost above all the other models and possibly above all the other Beltronics radar detectors. You can get over six times the sensitivity which is such a huge bonus and advantage over law enforcement that it almost seems unfair. This is only amplified when you switch the detector over into pop mode and detect those laser signals before they can even reach you.
The detection of this radar detector is seriously lightning-fast and can reach you within milliseconds. The processor of this detector is incredibly quick, it’s small and it’s lightweight. It can detect laser signals and deliver them to you via the digital screen in just 500 milliseconds or less, so they’ll never see you coming but you’ll see them coming from a mile away.
This is one of the easiest models to use. The Beltronics Pro 100 is an insanely easy model to use and it comes pre-programmed at the factory to get you on your feet and ready to drive right out of the box. You don’t have to spend an hour with the guide trying to figure out how to program it like some other radar detectors make you do. You can just set this thing up and get going right when it arrives.
Even though this detector comes pre-programmed, there’s a lot of different options that you can use and setup. If you need help setting them up, Beltronics includes a nifty little guide with your purchase to help you do so, even for the most non-tech savvy people out there, you’ll have no trouble getting this thing up and going in no time.
- The alerts are clear, concise and they’re very easy to understand, even if your hearing isn’t the best, you won’t hear any crackling or horrible voice because the voice with this model was chosen because of how easy it was to hear
- The bar-graph display is high-quality and easy to read, so you won’t have trouble reading the information on the display and the information is crystal clear, it’s also easy to understand once you see it a couple of times and get used to it
- Need something a bit more sensitive that picks up everything from the immediate surroundings? No problem, this detector is super sensitive and picks everything up from a mile away really fast
- Along with that increased sensitivity, you won’t get any false alarms, at least you’ll get far less false alarms using the Pro 100 than you would with other models because it actively filters out things like garage door openers or collision detection systems in vehicles
- Comes completely optimized for your convenience at the factory and you don’t have to spend any extra time setting this detector up for personal use
- With some alerts, the information may take up too much of the screen but it’s something you get used to after a while and it’s a small flaw
Q: What kind of mount comes with this radar detector?
A: With the purchase of this radar detector comes a suction cup mount which we know not everyone likes but the suction cup on this detector is strong and doesn’t leave any kind of unsightly marks behind. It also comes with its convenient power cord, while some detectors for whatever reason don’t.
Q: Does this come with an English readable reference guide?
A: Yes. Everything you could ever need is in that guide and every piece of information needed is there as well. If you need to know how to program something, you can simply reference the guide for more information. If you need to know what a certain button does or even how to set the radar detector up, you can simply reference the guide for more information.
Q: Does this detect in 360-degrees?
A: No, it doesn’t. However, it does cover the back area as well as the front area, so you don’t need to worry about getting pulled over if you’re paying attention. 360-degrees is a must-have for some people but don’t worry because this one at least covers the back as well.
Beltronics Pro 100 Review Conclusion
The Beltronics Pro 100 is relatively new and it’s hard to find a seller for these things but if you do find one selling them and they’re available, get your hands on one ASAP. These things, as well as other Betronics Pro models like 200, 300, and 500, are great and no matter what kind of traffic you run into, this thing will alert you of any trouble way ahead of time.
We can definitely recommend the Pro 100 and you’ll fall in love with this thing. You’ll be amazed at how many speed traps are around you that you didn’t know about.
- Whistler TRX-1 VS Uniden BCD436HP - April 2, 2020
- Uniden Homepatrol 1 VS 2 – What are the differences? - March 31, 2020
- Best Dash Cam for Uber & Lyft Drivers in 2020 - March 28, 2020