The Beltronics Pro 200 is part of the Professional Series of the brand that was released back in 2012. It is the middle ground of the entry-level model, the Beltronics Pro 100 and the pro model, the Beltronics Pro 300. The Beltronics Pro 200 shares some of the basic features of all the other models that’s part of the series, but it offers something quite a bit different from all the others.
This radar detector is capable of alerting you in 500 milliseconds (in some cases even less). The Pro 200 has been developed especially for the United States roads, so it has several directed features. At the same time, it has a much better sensitivity. The manufacturer claims that it is 8 times better than most radar detectors have. On the other side the price of this device isn’t higher than similar models have. In general, it is a wise investment and it definitely should be taken into account, when it comes to choosing your next radar detector. Beltronics pro 200 review will try to prove to you what makes this radar detector a great choice.
When buying the Pro 200, you’ll receive a package with the radar detector inside, along with some accessories that come with it like the power cord, coiled SmartCord, windshield mount (quick-release), and a quick-reference card. Beltronics also offers a 1-year warranty for every purchase of this model.
Looking like the other Beltronics model from the same series, the Bel Pro 200 has a sleek-looking case that actually has a stylish feel to it. The matte-black material of its case has that rubber-like finish and a soft-touch vibe that doesn’t only makes it durable for windshield reflections, but also makes it feel like it’s a high-end model.
The basic features of the Beltronics pro 200
- The fastest alerting time, among all radar detectors. It can alert you in less than 500 milliseconds.
- The sensitivity is 8 times better than all radar detectors, from this price range have.
- The controls are easy to use and they can be fully adjusted.
- Voice alerting is a standard feature and it comes with auto mute addition.
- Auto scan has been improved so the number of false alerts is reduced. The Beltronics Pro 200 Radar Detector comes with city mode and X band off, which eliminate the false alerts in cities.
- The display is ultra-bright, which means that it offers an impressive quality and impressive visibility. It is one of the best displays in radar detectors available on the market.
- The Pro 200 is immune to the VG2 threats, which means that it cannot be detected by police detectors.
- 5 mm jack can be used for speaker or earphones.
- K band has an impressive sensitivity. It is much better than radar detectors from the same price range.
- Comes with elements that offer easy mounting to a windshield.
- The build quality is at the highest level.
Pros & Cons
- It contains the POP mode threat that improves its sensitivity, which is almost 8x better than other radar detectors.
- This detector both has the TSR (traffic sensor rejection) and AutoScan technology that can filter false alerts so your detector has the sense of selectivity aside for sensitivity.
- The voice alerts on this model are crisp and clear. For drivers who prefer quieter rides, the AutoMute feature of the Bel Pro 200 comes in handy.
- With a great display, the notifications and alerts on the Pro 200 is easy to view even from different angles. Options for various levels of brightness makes it customizable depending on the lighting conditions.
- Although it can filter the signals it detectors, Pro 200 isn’t immune to false alarms. From time to time, false warning come through.
- The angle of detection for this model is not that wide, meaning police radar from the sides would not be detected.
- The windshield mount that comes with the package isn’t that durable and dependable.
Users opinions about the Beltronics pro 200
Beltronics pro 200 review is made from experience, gained from users who used and who are using this radar detector. Thanks to them, we are able to get an idea what are the best and the most important features of the Beltronics pro 200. Most users claim that the best features are:
- Impressive sensitivity. Most users claim that they have noticed this addition first time when they used the radar detector.
- The display is visible from all angles, and it comes with dark mode.
- The voice alerts are direct and short, so the alerting time is very short.
- Beltronics pro 200 has the lowest number of false alerts, even lower than the Pro 300.
- Using this radar detector is simpler than using other devices, thanks to great interface and controls.
Q: What comes with the Beltronics Pro 200 package?
A: Aside from the radar detector itself, it has the window suction cup mount, a cigarette lighter car charger and a long spiral cord. All these accessories are optional to use by the driver, but they can help in making the set up and use experience better. For the cords, you may buy other smart cords depending on your preference.
Q: Can the Bel Pro 200 filter out K band signals from other cars (driver aid)?
A: Yes, the Pro 200 can filter K band signals, but it isn’t 100% foolproof. Once in a while, a false alert for a K band signal can go off, but its TSR (traffic sensor rejection) and AutoScan features can help in minimizing those false alerts.
Q: Is the Beltronics Pro 200 wireless?
A: No. The Pro 200 isn’t capabale of wireless performance. It should always be plugged in when in use, using the cord included in the package.
Beltronics Pro 200 Review Conclusion
Beltronics pro 200 is one of the best choices for mid-range level radar detectors, simply because it offers great features at a low price. It is perfect for Beltronics fans who needs something that can perform beyond the entry-level Pro 100, but don’t need the other added features on the Pro 300. On the other side, it is effective and reliable while it’s simple to operate too, so it can be used by almost every single person. The best part has to be a great sensitivity, which is much better than radar detectors from this class have to offer.