There are couple of choices of radar detectors under $200, and that will make you decision process much more complicated than it should be. Consult the buying guide for more info before purchasing. We have also reviewed the best products below for even more shopping help.
What is the best radar detector under $200 for your specific driving needs? Whether you looking for cheap low cost radar detectors or expensive ones, the latest radar detectors come with bluetooth connection, GPS and higher detection range than olders models even under the $200 price point.
The industry sales amounts shows that most of the best-selling radar detectors in 2017 retail for under $200, therefore detectors priced below $200 are some of the top radar detectors. Here are some of the top 4 radar detectors in this price segment – with some more extra options.
Best Radar Detector Under 200 Reviews
- Features an automatic sensitivity setting mode for optimal adjustments
- Features superior range to much of the competition
- Capable of detecting K and Ka bands at longer ranges
- This product is capable of automatically filtering sources of false alarms
- Features an option for the omission of X band transmissions
- Connects to ESCORT live, a network which updates the detector automatically
- A little more expensive than some of the other options
If you want a radar detector which is able to work in most situations and you don’t mind spending a little bit of extra money, you will love this product from Escort. This company makes some of the best radar detectors which are available to consumers (check here), so you can rest assured that this model is worth your money.
The long range of this model makes it ideal for use on the highway, where you know that you will get the most use out of your radar detector. While there may be a few radar traps within the city, you will find it difficult to get as much use out of a radar detector within the confines of smaller streets.
The ability to connect to the ESCORT Live network means that you will be able to get updates for your detector whenever you need them. This network ensures that your radar detector will always be working at peak performance levels, every additional radar detector on this network makes every connected device more effective.
There are also many included features that make this product much more convenient than other, competing models. For example, you can automatically omit the cluttered X band frequency, if you so desire. The only downside to this model is that you may end up having issues with the price that it is sold for.
- Features an autoscan system which reduces the likelihood of false alerts
- Cannot be detected by VG-2 systems
- Features a quick-release mount for use on your windshield
- Offers a choice of highway and city modes
- Features a mute capability which can be accessed with ease
- This model comes available with a red LED color, and there is also a blue option
- X band functionality is rather limited
This is one of the older models on this list, but it is much more capable than you would expect from a piece of equipment that is nearly obsolete. This product comes available in a choice of red or blue LEDs, and we opted for the model with red LEDs because it seemed to be more visible.
Regardless of the color that you choose, you will find that the display on these models tends to be far more visible in dark conditions thanks to the superior brightness. While the visuals are certainly effective enough, you will find that the audio features an excellent design as well, with crisp, clear sound quality.
When you don’t want to hear your radar detector, you can always make use of the mute functionality, which can be conveniently accessed on the body of the device. You can also use the AutoMute function that is located on the cord to ensure that you don’t have to reach too far.
Unfortunately, there are a few minor downsides with this product. You will be subjected to a hefty number of false alarms when you first start using this product. This is usually due to the X band functionality. You will want to avoid X-band detection as it is obsolete and it will clutter up your detector.
- Heterodyne design ensures superior detection range
- Capable of detecting POP mode signals
- This model can detect the Ku radar band, which is often used by European police
- Intellimute system automatically mutes false alarms
- This model will shut down automatically when being detected
- Capable of detecting 7 radar bands and 6 laser types
- This product is more expensive than some of the other models on the market
If you want a radar detector which is able to detect more than the other options around, this is a very versatile choice. For example, you can detect up to 6 different laser beam types and 7 different radar bands, including the Ku band, which is used by certain American police departments as well as ones all over Europe.
As with most newer models, this product will shut down automatically if it starts getting detected by a radar detector sensor. This will help you avoid any awkward moments if the device is banned in your jurisdiction. This product is also much easier to use than most other radar detectors.
When it comes to user interface, you will want to ensure that your radar detector is simple yet comprehensive. There are few things that are more frustrating than being unable to set your radar detector because you don’t have the instruction manual with you.
You will usually want to ensure adequate functionality at a moment’s notice with one of these products. A radar detector which is difficult to use is one that may not end up working at all and it may even end up costing you another speeding ticket. You will want a product which is as intuitive as it is reliable.
- Features protection in a 360 degree radius
- Features a range of laser protection options
- Has both radio signature ID and laser signature ID systems
- Features six different filters which cut down on false alarms
- Features a traffic flow signal rejection system for less false alerts
- Features an internal GPS which gives you a map of ticket cams
- This is one of the more expensive models on this list
If you need a radar detector which is as convenient as it is powerful, there are few options which are as capable as the Whistler CR90. This radar detector can spot radars at ranges that other models cannot even hope to reach. If you find yourself on the highway relatively often, this model is a perfect investment.
You can also protect yourself from several different laser types, which gives you a more comprehensive suite of options to cut down on the number of tickets that you get. There are also several measures in place to eliminate many of the false alarms that plague other models.
For example, the inclusion of a traffic flow rejection system means that you will be able to know when other cars are causing the occurrence of false alarms. Like in most quality radar detectors, you will be able to adjust your options so your device can handle false alarms in different ways.
The inclusion of an internal GPS allows you to keep track of all of the different cameras in your area and this database can be updated regularly online. All you have to do is connect your radar detector to your computer with a USB, cable and you will be ready to head out with your new map.
- Capable of detecting almost all common radar bands, VG-2, and lasers
- Compatible with a radar detector smartphone app for the reporting of cameras and other useful extras
- Features voice alerts to you are not distracted by the device
- Features a muted driving mode for less risky drives
- Features a system for the reduction of false alerts
- This product still has controls on the body to complement the app
- This model is too closely integrated with the app
- Wastes phone battery
If you are looking for a radar detector that integrates with your smartphone, you will find few better options than this product from Cobra. While Cobra is known for making quality radar detection systems, we were skeptical when we reviewed this model because it is a little more unorthodox than the competition.
Where other companies use smartphones and apps as something which can add additional functionality to their detectors, you will find that the app is an integral part of this device. Much of the information that you receive is displayed on your phone screen, so you will need to keep it open while this product is in use.
This product is closely integrated with the radar app network, which means that you will have the aid of your fellow users and you will also be able to aid them by pressing the report button. It is recommended that you report any speed traps or cameras that you come across, but it is not necessary in any way.
While this is an excellent product, it is important to keep in mind that there are a few downsides. Since you will have to keep your phone open while this product is in use, you will find that it drains your battery rather quickly, so you may wish to connect your phone to a charging port.
- Features superior range to other models
- This model can’t be detected by Specter detection systems
- This product is less sensitive than much of the competition, which reduces false alarms
- Though it is less sensitive, this product is adept at long range detection
- Features a cable which is easy to conceal on your dashboard
- Much more affordable than competing models
- Has difficulty detecting some traffic cameras and other detectors which operate using low power
- Features fewer functions than most other models in its price range
If you want a quality radar detector that can be found for a more reasonable price, this model from Uniden is a great option. If you are sick of your other radar detectors popping endless false alerts, this may be the best option, as it features a detector which is less sensitive to radars which are often based on civilian cars.
The cable, which is designed to be concealed with ease can be plugged into your cigarette lighter outlet, but you can also splice the wire into your car’s battery if you know what you are doing. Otherwise, you may wish to leave the more complex installation methods to a mechanic or electrician.
While this product is capable, it is not what we would call flashy. This radar detector model does not come equipped with the same array of other features that you will find on some of the competition. This is also a rather stealthy radar detector, as you do not have to worry about systems which counter it.
There are some downsides to this model. While it is affordable, it is not the best radar detector in its price range because it has some difficulty picking up weaker signals that are used on signs and other methods of detection which are more passive. Regardless, we are still satisfied with this product.
- Capable of detecting several radar bands as well as lasers and safety alerts
- Since this product uses digital signal processing, it has increased range
- Features an alphanumeric LED display which is much more visible than other models
- This product cannot be detected by VG-2 counter radar detectors
- This model comes included with a limited warranty with a duration of a year
- Comes included with a quick-release windshield mount and a power cable
- Features a bit of an antiquated user interface
While this radar detector from Beltronics may look a little bit dated when you first lay eyes upon it, you will come to realize that it is a powerful piece of technology. What it doesn’t have in looks, this model makes up for when it comes to capability, thanks to increased range and sensitivity over the competition.
Unlike other models, this product uses digital signal processing to give you a more precise idea of the strength of signals and a greater number of bands which can be detected. While this product may not be as powerful as a model which is two or three times more expensive, it is powerful enough for most needs.
This product is more stealthy than you would imagine based off of its looks. If you are worried about your radar detector being spotted, you will want to invest in this product. The LED display on this model is designed to be bright enough to be seen in almost any situation, even with harsh glare.
While this model may not be the most impressive radar detector when it comes to looks, you will find that it works well enough to keep you clear of any speeding tickets. Another great part about this radar detector is that it is priced at a relatively reasonable point, which ensures that it provides capability for a low price.
If you are willing to spend a little bit more money on your radar detector, this list of models should make it easier for you to make a decision. We have chosen from a variety of models so we can ensure that all of our readers find something that they are interested in while they read this list.
We hope that our reviews have been comprehensive enough for your needs, feel free to let us know what you think down in the comments section.